One of the things I really enjoy is going for a run wherever I end up. If you are headed over to LA / Hollywood / Beverly Hills, then this looked really interesting… I saw it on Globe Trekker: http://www.offnrunningtours.com/tour.html
My top 5 favourite jogging tracks:
- New York central park – simply because of the number of people running so early in the morning which really motivates me
- Wycombe 3 hills – circuit I do in High Wycombe which is one of the hilliest places I know; basically down the back of Amersham Hill to the cricket club, across town, up Priory Hill across & up Hamilton Hill
- Grenoble Bastille – running the footpaths from the centre of town and up to the Bastille
- Singapore Mount Faber – running up Mount Faber from Orchard Road; another good track from Orchard Road is running down to Zouk as you pass some really cool run down warehouses
- Thames riverside path from Putney – only place I know where you can be overtaken by fit mums with prams
The new adsense jar (GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-4.1.1) was released for mobile developers around late July 2011. Unfortunately it seems to contain a few errors – https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/Ys6CsvTez3I – so I am sticking with the previous version for now. To be fair, google thinking is always around pushing stuff out in beta and seeing how users take to it, so I don’t think we can criticise them for this. They also now seem to be much more active in replying / fixing issues than admobs was.
Keywords to find this: “GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-4.1.1 vs GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-4.1.0”, “GoogleAdMobAdsSdk-4.1.1 does not work”.
Just found out I have been doing this all wrong… For the past 8 months I have earned very little cash. However I just changed my theme to the HeatMap Adsense Theme and doubled my revenue in 1 day!? I found the theme via http://www.top-adsense-themes.com/top-10-wordpress-adsense-themes.
The site listed the following themes as being the top ones for CTR: Heatmap reloaded, GlamoSense, Clearness, Mono Sense, Blue Sense, Ads Minded, Blix, Pro Sense, Adsense Theme, Connections. However, what confuses me is that not all of these themes appear to be available on my installation of WordPress. Right now, I do not know if that is due to WordPress or my web hoster or a combination of both. Once I have got that worked out, I might well buy the professional version of HeatMap Pro – I am that impressed.
Categories: General Blog Tags:
I finally succumbed and bought an iPad. Most accessed app right now is the Times app for the fabulous “Bricks and Mortar” supplement. Also, helps me get up to date Business Week editions, instead of the usual 1 week delay into Finland.
I’ll add some more on the iPad later…