In my recent game, I had to put in some sound effects. A really good (and free) source was soundbible.
FinnGo uses the internet to access the translation service and foreign web pages. These URLs are the only information transferred to an external server – all other data is stored locally. No personal information is transmitted.
Current data stored on your device:
Windows Phone = all data destroyed at end of session. No user data stored currently.
Windows 8 = all data destroyed at end of session. No user data stored currently.
Android = user can define their own urls and languages. This data is stored permanently on the device. It is not transmitted to external devices. This data can be accessed and modified by going to the menu/settings.
To my knowledge, the above complies with applicable laws and regulations. If you want to report a violation or are unsatisfied or want further information, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will fix it (timelines will depend on certification of the various app stores).
It’s 15 minutes to midnight and approaching October 26 – and I just submitted my first Win8 app into the store. It’s been a tough journey, some notes:
– had to reinstall Win8 and Visual Studio this afternoon as the Win8 link was not RC/RTM but preview and that causes problems with Visual Studio
– had to pay another sum (37 EUR) to access the store… gotcha: you then need to enter the amount charged (in local currency – I thought it was the USD amount)
– submission process is much better, but takes a lot longer… it took me about 2 hours to package and do my icons/screenshots
– (not sure if this is my computer) had to hit the submit buttons up to 3 times before finishing
– description was marked incomplete and whatever I did, I could not work out what was wrong… gotcha: hit enter after typing in the caption for your screenshots
– store menu in Visual Studio is *very* nice. Did not work for me on last step (submit app – I did that directly from the dashboard), but other steps worked ok. Gotcha: store/create app package took some time: it launched the app about 6-7 times.
Screenshots required (although some are optional):
store logo 50×50
Once submitted, here’s a rough guide to next steps. Most have times in hours, except content compliance:
– security tests
– technical compliance
– content compliance (7 days)
– signing and publishing
Now hoping to get my elite status from Microsoft (for submission before Oct 26).
First tip: always remember your keystore password.
Keystore is used for signing apps before they are submitted to google’s playstore.
After about 6 months away from android, I had forgotten mine. If it is more than 5 characters (which it should be), it is pretty hard to crack. Luckily I remembered mine. But if not, then second tip is to check this page to recover your keystore password. Only works with Java 7 and above though. And probably takes ages. So don’t forget your password!
And what makes it even more confusing is the download for the admob sdk is from the google site.
And unfortunately there is no combined view of your earnings yet in adsense.
I recently upgraded to the latest version of the android sdk. I got an error: unable to resolve target android-8. This was corrected by going to Window/Android SDK manager and selecting Android 2.2 (API 8)
Upgrading to 6.2.1 of admobs, I got the following error: could not find SDK folder android-sdk-windows. It was fixed by changing the properties to android-sdk.
Microsoft pub center
I got frustrated at not having the latest version of Android on my HTC Desire, so I downloaded cyanogenmod. Amazing. Got titanium pro as well for backups.
Type error: Error: String types not allowed (at ‘configChanges’ with value ‘keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize’). AndroidManifest.xml
Solution: Update build APIs to greater than 3.2 – see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7902121/admob-cant-display-ads-because-of-configchanges.
Then I got a problem with proguard. I needed to replace: keepclasseswithmembernames with keepclasseswithmembers. However you also need to do a few more actions. Check here for more: http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/7606320e664fec9b?pli=1