Quick update on my blogging experiences so far…
LESSONS LEARNT (I am a consultant, so only going to list the top 5 ):
- There are a lot of comments to edit (I am up to about 220 over 6 months). I need to get some kind of glyph verification to knock some of the spammers out. Very, very few of the comments (5%?) are actually real and worthwhile.
- Technology is very good… some problems with doing edits on my HTC Desire. Also number of comments does not show up well on the HTC Desire.
- Things to do: some trackbacks into my blog, sort out the adsense as it is quite naff at the moment.
- The amount of revenue I have earned could maybe buy me a mars bar… but that is probably due to points outlined in things to do.
- I am currently writing a google app… I want to use ads in that and – from what I understand – the fact that I have created an adsense id on my blog is going to help me loads… there’s a lot of problems for people out there with people who are trying to get an adsense account just for their mobile app development.